Weipa Community Care Support Social Services provide proactive initiatives, events, activities, resources and crisis support access to our communities on the Western Cape York.
- Providing a community hub, a “No Wrong Door” for information and referral on broad community needs, where the community can gather for group activities, social support. Coffee Shop (the “Kitchen Table Cafe”), Charity Op Shop and Book Exchange, the Community Centre is the heart of our community housing many of the below essential social services – Weipa Community Centre.
- Quality Nationally Accredited and Licenced Home based child care – Weipa Family Day Care Scheme.
- Want to provide a valuable resource to your community though a registered charity (not for profit), and benefit your own aspirations. As a fundamental building block of our civil society that allows each individual to offer the opportunity to freely offer their time, talent and energy to other individuals, and their community come join the – WCCA Inc. Volunteer Program.
- Responding to issues of domestic and family violence through prevention, early intervention and education initiatives – Weipa North West Cape Healing Service.
- Providing small no interest loans to low income earners in the general community through our community micro-finance program – Western Cape NILS.
- Crisis Accommodation for Women and their accompanying children escaping family and or domestic violence of up to 12 weeks depending on availability – Western Cape Women’s Crisis Shelter.
We would like to pay our respects to and acknowledge the Traditional owners and custodians of the land we work, play, walk and dwell. We also pay our respects and thanks to the Elders of past, present and future. Services are funded by the Department of Housing and Public Works and the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors and the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women. Family Day Care is funded by the Federal Government and in partnership with Rio Tinto and Weipa Town Authority. NILS is funded by Good Shephard Micro Finance and National Australia Bank.